Friday, March 21, 2008

SMiLE: reconstructed

I suppose a lot of you are already aware of the plethora of SMiLE mixes, reconstruc-tions, remixes, mashups, mixdowns, et al. floating around on the internet, so if you're already well-familiar with them, feel free to disregard this post altogether. For those of you who aren't well-familiar, however, you're in for a real treat. An ungodly amount of literature exists about The Beach Boys' "lost" 1967 album, SMiLE, so there's really no point in me producing an under-informed and half-assed history of it for you. As a consolation prize though, I'm happy to save you a few keystrokes...http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=beach+boys+smile

...I have homework to do now, but this just finished uploading, so if you positively can't wait for a little content, you may download Wrightfan Presents SMiLE 5.0...here. This is probably my favorite SMiLE mix, for reasons that I'll explain later. Stick around though, there are at least two more mixes to come, thorough comparisons, and a SMiLE reconstruction toolkit (just in case you want to add to the extant volume of crappy SMiLE mixes). Wow, I am so tired. Why am I awake now (it's 7:30 am). We're about to drive down to Cincinnati to surprise my grandparents. This is Purple Chick Presents: The Beach Boys' SMiLE - a stereo reconstruction. The bonus tracks will be posted later. BYE (right now, it is not my concern whether or not you like this)!

*Also, Disclaimer: I'm really afraid I'm going to get my nuts cut off for this, but I have converted these mixes from FLAC (lossless) format to MP3s for overall ease-of-use and familiarity. Feel free to listen to, share, and do whatever you want with these mixes, but make sure that you allow everyone with whom you share them the opportunity to download them in their original, intended form.

In original, FLAC format:

The Beach Boys 1960s Wrightfan presents SMiLE 5.0 (FLAC)

The Beach Boys 1960s SMiLE - a stereo reconstruction by Purple Chick (FLAC)

tbc...

5 comments:

triff said...

Great ! Was looking for the wrightfan mix a long time already.

The Patrick Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

When I downloaded Wrightfan's SMiLE mix through your blog, the RAR had a password on it.

What's the password?

Anonymous said...

password = boughtit.blogspot.com

Chinese Sausage said...

Here is THE BEACH BOYS - SMiLE (Purple Chick Reconstruction) in MP3 256kbps:

http://www.4shared.com/file/KKJR8YSP/THE_BEACH_BOYS_-_SMiLE__Purple.html

Cheers!